Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Family Pictures

We went to the beach last weekend to meet my parents who were there for a business trip. It was so much fun, and the weather was beautiful. My Mom called me a few
days before we came and informed me that we would be taking a family picture- so to bring a white shirt and khaki pants.

Saturday night came along, and the whole family dressed for the photo-taking occasion (some reluctantly). So for the next hour and a half, we took approximately 100 pictures. I thought it was fun and a good idea. But what cracked me up was that, in the span of time we were outside, a family of 4 walked out dressed just as we were. No kidding, 20 minutes later, ANOTHER family dressed like us came out on the beach. And 20 minutes after that, a family of like 15 stroll on out to the beach for a similar photo adventure. There was a whole slew of the white and khaki club.

My little brother, who wasn't very happy with this whole process, muttered under his breath, "How original!" The nice part about it is that each family kinda helped the other one out by
taking the big group pictures. It was all quite an experience.

The pictures turned out great, and because I'm a woman, I actually enjoyed most of it. Nate and I were kinda scuffling that night, so we had to fake that beautiful beach romance! It was pretty funny, and actually helped us get over our differences. I can laugh at this whole process now and how common it is; but no doubt, check back on here in about 10 years, and I'll probably have our kids dressed in white and khaki for those beautiful beach pictures! Or maybe hunter's camoflauge (if it's up to Nathan!).



3 comments:

  1. You did a great job faking it because you two look fantastic in your picture.
    Miss you!
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was there free Kool-aid at the beach by chance?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i miss you guys! i love the picture. if you have any extra will you send me one of you and nathan? love you.

    jenna

    ReplyDelete