Friday, July 10, 2009

Happenings.

Well, I don't really know what to write about, but feel as if I should come up with something because it's been like a week. Things are still going well down here. Nathan has been swamped with reading and studying for a huge test he has this morning. I will be glad when that is over for him, so he can relax a little more and enjoy some things. Tomorrow we are driving to Pensacola to see the Blue Angels. I am excited to lay on the beach and watch them.

Also, last weekend we had 4 days of break, so we drove 8 hours to Hot Springs, AR with some friends to see one of our friends, Josh Ruth. It was a fun weekend! We camped out to save money, got rained on in our tents, toured the city, and just spent some good time with old friends. It was good to see some familiar faces again after being down here for a month.

On a different note, I am getting anxious for the "next thing." I haven't been able to really pinpoint why, and often struggle with this anyways. Just not being able to live in the moment and enjoy it for all it is. But I went to a Bible Study at a woman's house the other night, and realized I just really miss having a home. I mean, our hotel room is nice, but its a hotel room. And I'm just a homey person. Nate jokes with me about getting a new place and said I'll have it up and ready in 3 days. And he's probably right. But I know with leaving here means leaving a more relaxed lifestyle with minimal responsibility, so I am trying to soak up this next week for all it's worth. I finished a 450-page book I was reading (can't tell you the last time I did that)! And I'm looking forward to spending more time with Nathan.

This summer has really helped me to appreciate him more. I take a lot out on him. I am easily irritable and angered, and unforunately, he deals with the brunt of it all too often. He is incredible at handling my emotion and hardness-of-heart. And he just loves me and takes care of me so so so well. I feel so safe and cherished by him. I watched that movie, "P.S. I love you" last night, and it was horrible! After crying for over an hour, it really brought to my mind the brevity of life and the absolute necessity to cherish the ones we love the most while there's still time. It truly convicted me of the way I speak to and treat my husband, and how my life would fall apart without him. He is precious, and loves me with the faithful and tender love of Jesus, even when I wrong him and don't give him the honor and respect he deserves. I just praise God for blessing me with such a wonderful man... just another thing I didn't deserve.

So, I guess that about wraps this one up. Louisvillians can look for us possibly in two Sundays (July 19th), before we head up to Ohio to find a place to live. We miss you all, but are so thankful to God for giving us this precious time away.

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Glad you are coming. I will definitely "look" for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hopefully we will be in louisville by the 19th too! (and hopefully in our own home ... finally!) I feel like I am more of a homey person than I realized. I will need to you to come vamp up our new home with me.

    ReplyDelete