Thursday, July 16, 2009

What I'm Grateful For.

Well, we leave Montgomery tomorrow morning; and I'm pretty excited. It's a mixed feeling. This time down here has been great and relaxing, but I am really ready to get to Dayton and to start our real life there. We'll spend all next week looking for a new home, and I'm a little nervous about that too! But I know the Lord will provide something for us. And no doubt with some extra room so people can come and visit. So in reflection, here's what I'll miss about this summer:

1. Having no time committments. It has been so nice to not be in a hurry all the time (because there's nothing to be late for). And it has been so nice to have free time. I felt like in Louisville, and my whole life really, most every minute of my day was planned. I'm sure it's my fault and due to my reliance on a daily agenda book (which I'm not using down here!). But it has just been great to get a chance to breathe. When Nathan gets home, most nights we don't have anywhere to go. Why do we feel the need to fill up our schedules with so much stuff? Even if its good stuff like eating at people's houses, having others over, Bible Studies, etc. I was a little burnt out when we left Louisville, and this has been perfect. I want to fight for more "unplanned nights" when we get to Ohio. I think we need that rest.

2. Some of the friends we've made down here. All of us are going different ways, and it will be sad. But I guess I'm gonna have to get used to it in the Air Force.

3. Time for hobbies. It's not something I really planned for in Louisville- there's too much other more meaningful things to do. And sure, fellowship with a friend is probably more valuable than making a scrapbook page about our honeymoon, but that's not to say that there isn't room in life for that too. I tend to compartamentalize EVERYTHING into spiritual and non-spiritual. But I think that doing something I enjoy at reasonable times and in reasonable amounts can be honoring to the Lord. I've enjoyed reading, exercising, sleeping in (is that a hobby?), and scrapbooking. And hope I'll get to do more of it in Ohio.

4. This season with my husband. I know it's not over, but it's been great for Nathan and I to kinda get away on our own and learn to depend on each other more. We needed to be removed from some distractions and comfortable environments to really realize how much we need each other, and need a strong marriage. We are thankful to the Lord for giving us this time away together. It's been a rough year, and we finally feel like we're coming more and more out of the difficulty into that "honeymoon phase". We still argue, but are learning to work through it better and love each other better too.

Well, I'm out of time. Nate is in a big tournament this morning- so off to sit in the heat for 3 hours! I guess it's worth it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment